Friday, April 13, 2012

Location Means Nothing When There's Good Food

I remember a few years back when I heard a restaurant had opened in a small strip mall in North Greenbush right on Route 4.  I thought that's a tough place for a restaurant.  Luckily, a friend insisted that I go try it out and I'm still grateful for that advice.  Garlic Lovers Corner is a quaint Mediterranean restaurant with amazing food.  It used to be a best kept secret, but that secret is out of the bag.
 
If you go there on a Friday or Saturday night, you had better make a reservation because it gets packed.  Garlic Lovers has a fierce following and has created some truly unique dishes, I used to get the flat-iron steak with blue cheese and was sad when they moved it off the menu.  Recently I have found a new favorite, the seafood fri-diablo.  We stopped in recently and I wanted to try something new, with memories of my former favorite, I almost went with the ribeye but then the chicken dijon caught my eye.  Fried chicken layered with mozzarella cheese, spinach, tomatoes and a dijon sauce over garlic mashed potatoes.   I was very happy that I decided to try something new.  It was an amazing dish and, as always, Garlic Lovers is not skimpy on their portions so I decided to not over do it and I saved some for lunch the next day.   

Average Joe learned an important lesson years ago, in the restaurant business location means very little when the food is so good that it will keep you coming back and back and back.

1 comment:

  1. You're right--I drive from Nassau to Troy to have lunch at Testo's and I have to pass a hundred places to eat to get there.

    ReplyDelete