Sunday, July 15, 2012

"Went down to the Crossroads..."

I took to the streets again this week looking for something new and exciting. I traveled near and far from the outskirts of Albany. I found my way to Athens, New York. Athens is an old historic village in Greene County, near the Catskills. The old Athens photo reminds me of when Marty McFly and Doc Brown traveled back to 1885.

What brings someone to Athens? Crossroads Brewery. I took the 30 minute trip to Athens and I found my way to the brewery.

The Athens brewery has 10 of their own craft beers on tap. I have to give a recommendation for you all to try their Cream Ale. The Brady’s Bay Cream Ale is a German Pilsner Malt at 5.0% abv.


I initially went to Crossroads for the beer. What I soon found out about the Crossroads Brewery was they opened their kitchen to the public for the first time. I had to check out the menu. All of my readers know I am a huge fan of pulled pork. When I see it on the menu, I have to try it because I have a secret ambition to write a book surrounding the best pulled pork in the United States.

The food was delicious. The pulled pork was succulent and full of flavor. The Crossroads Brewery pulled pork can hold its own. In the last few weeks, I have had pulled pork from Dinosaur BBQ (Troy, NY) and the Pig Pit (Albany Food trucks). Now, I can add Crossroads Brewery (Athens, NY) to the expanding list.

Crossroads Brewery is located 21 Second Street, Athens, NY.


Hours:

Mon - Thurs:
4:00 pm-9:00 pm
Friday:
4:00 pm-12:00 am
Saturday:
12:00 pm-12:00am
Sunday:
1:00 pm-9:00

No comments:

Post a Comment