Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Delightful and Delicious

I never would have thought that my random stop into a small café in Stuyvesant Plaza would quickly turn into the best breakfast experience I have ever had.  Peaches Café is a quaint, delightful, very reasonably priced restaurant that could easily get lost in the huge circle of stores in the plaza, but it is definitely a must-go.  It has been around for 20 years and I can certainly understand why.

When I first walked in and witnessed the variety of foods, desserts and drinks, I did not know where to start.  I decided to splurge and go for the Lobster Eggs Benedict special which came with asparagus and home fries on the side, and was absolutely delicious. 

But Peaches does not stop at breakfast; the menu includes a variety of other dishes including burgers, wraps, sandwiches, soups, and cakes, just to name a few.  They also serve specialty coffees and teas, and have an entire dessert bar right when you walk in.  I topped off my meal with a Snickerdoodle flavored Coffee.

If you're looking for timely service, very reasonable prices, extreme variety and a cozy setting, I highly recommend Peaches Café. 


2 comments:

  1. Your Lobster Eggs Benedict may have been absolutely delicious, but I'm looking at the picture you posted, and I can't get passed the broken hollandaise.

    The saddest part is that a broken hollandaise is so easy to fix:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tfN--AotmE

    Personally I have never been impressed with Peaches and view it as an overpriced diner. But even the old time-worn diners I love still have standards. That sauce is embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of people are still sore at that place, you can Google it.

    ReplyDelete