Sunday, June 30, 2013

Glazed and Confused

I wasn't sure at the time exactly what was going to happen to me or what this meant fur my future, if anything, but I knew that I was missing out on a phenomena if I didn't give it a try. The glazed donut breakfast sandwich at Dunkin' Donuts.

The guy behind the counter said he had tried it, but this was the first time he had ever had to make it for a customer. I wonder why? Ham, sausage, egg and cheese between a glazed donut cut down the center. One step beyond bread for the greater good.

What you see in the photo is what you get and what you think is there. I've put the real ingredients below for thought. Regardless of any probable consequences from eating it, it tasted great and if you're feeling up to it, I say go for it.

INGREDIENTS: Glazed Donut: Donut [Enriched Unbleached Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Iron as Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamin Mononitrate, Enzyme, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Palm Oil, Water, Dextrose, Soybean Oil, Whey (a milk derivative), Skim Milk, Yeast, Contains less than 2% of the following: Salt, Leavening (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Baking Soda), Defatted Soy Flour, Wheat Starch, Mono and Diglycerides, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Cellulose Gum, Soy Lecithin, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Artificial Flavor, Sodium Caseinate (a milk derivative), Enzyme, Colored with (Turmeric and Annatto Extracts and Beta Carotene), Eggs], Glaze [Sugar, Water, Maltodextrin, Contains 2% or less of: Mono and Diglycerides, Agar, Cellulose Gum, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Artificial Flavor]; Fried Egg: Egg Whites, Water, Egg Yolks, Modified Corn Starch, Natural Sauteed Flavor (Soybean Oil, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Natural Flavor), Salt, Artificial Butter Flavor (Propylene Glycol, Artificial Flavor), Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Coarse Ground Black Pepper; Bacon: Pork, cured with: Water, Sugar, Salt, Sodium Phosphate, Smoke Flavoring, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite.

4 comments:

  1. OMG, I can't beleive that the cheeseburger item has finally been put to bed. THANK GOD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You killed my appetite with the listed ingredients. I love DD but this sounds disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would take DD over Starfawks any day of the week but, this combo sandwich sounds a little too much for my imagination and appetite. Give me good old Mickey D's coffee and breakfast instead, especially their steak on a bagel. YUM !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dunkin Donuts is absolutely the best coffee shop in America. I am so glad that the city of Troy has NO STARBUCKS, the junk food of the elitists, wanna-be's in our society. Starbucks is just so expensive and not very good in comparison to the great Dunkin Donuts. This overpriced and overloaded sandwich is loaded with calories and sodium and looking for a heart attack to happen.

    ReplyDelete