Sunday, December 1, 2013

Talking Turkey

You can consider this post the Joe family holiday special, let me tell you about my Thanksgiving. Do you know what I'm thankful for this year? Take-out turkey.

Besides their taste in music,  all other factors proved Caramel and Popcorn were two great turkeys and I'm glad they lived through this turkey day. According to reports Caramel's favorite tune was "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga and Popcorn enjoyed Beyonce's "Halo." Unfortunately the pardoning, and two less turkeys out there in the fields just made it harder for grandpa Joe to bring home a bird this year. grandpa Joe is a master game hunter and I usually don't brag about him, but I want him to get his spirits back up after falling short this season. 

We knew the big day was coming. I was hosting on Thursday, I had grandpa and grandma Joe coming over along with aunt Joedy from all the way down south. I was banking on grandpa Joe, now I had no turkey and no real plans, I'm not much of a grocery shopper or dinner planner. As you know, I eat out most of the time. 

After some extensive research and my knowledge of Capital Region food options, I decided on going another route to prepare this year. It was up to me to save Thanksgiving and Dinosaur BBQ had everything I needed a few days in advance too. 


A quick heat-up and the turkey deluxe special fed the Joe family and then some, I finished leftovers today. We lost a little bit of the freshness from this approach, grandma Joe also brought some extra chicken stock which we used to moisten the bird a little more, but overall it was a good dinner. 


Average Joe saved Thanksgiving, lets see how we do the rest of the holiday season. 








1 comment:

  1. DINOSAURS BBQ, is the most fabulous eatery in the city of Troy. With its excellent location along the river, lots of parking, and really easy to find, I firmly believe that it is the absolute best place to get some delicious food. I can't wait for the placement of RUTH CHRIS STEAK HOUSE in Troy, which according to my broker, is coming to our fair city soon. This will make the city of Troy a true one stop destination for some fine dining.

    ReplyDelete