Monday, February 20, 2012

My Surprise Pick at Mac 'N Cheese Bowl

I always enjoy attending the Mac ‘N Cheese Bowl. It’s a fun event and the Regional Food Bank is a worthy cause. This year, some 2,000 people came to taste the cheesy delights put forth by roughly 30 entrants.

I am always a sucker for Valente’s. They consistently win and they deserve it.  I have actually ordered Mac ‘N Cheese in the restaurant, something I would not do at many other places. However, this year, another famous local restaurant brand caught the corner of my eye and I had to try.

As I approached the Latham ’76 Diner table, the first thoughts that rang through my head were, “It’s not 3:00am and I’m sober.”  The thoughts alone served as a palate cleanser.

Here’s why they rocked: Homemade, traditional, old school, just like mom would make.  That’s it. Simple.  Just like the ham & cheese omelette I used to rock at 3:00am.

No comments:

Post a Comment