Sunday, January 27, 2013

Stuffed Breadsticks!, Pizza! ... and Buffalo Chicken?

I decided to grab a couple of friends and go on a road trip down south. It was a true road trip, we didn't go on any highways, we stayed on the beaten path of the back roads.

By following route 9W south, we found our way in Catskill, New York. I have been to this area before when I visited Crossroads brewery in Athens. My friend Bradley was driving and decided to stop a pedestrian on the side of the road to ask where we can find a good spot for lunch. 

We were directed to go visit Pomodoro's Italian Restaurant, just off of route 9W. As soon as our new friend told us about Pomodoro's, it occurred to me I have heard of restaurant. I was now excited for lunch (when am I not excited for lunch?). 

We each ordered a couple appetizers and pizza. The menu was filled with delicious options. Bradley decided to be different and ordered a buffalo chicken sandwich. Bradley definitely did not make a poor choice. I saw his meal, it looked great and Bradley said it tasted even better than it looked. You could smell the flavor. The heat of the hot sauce and the melted bleu cheese. 

Outside of Bradley's buffalo chicken sandwich, the highlight of the day was Pomodoro's stuffed breadsticks. They were stuffed with mozzarella cheese, topped with parmesan with a side of their homemade pasta sauce. The cheese was gooey and the dough was soft and fluffy. I can clearly see why they are a best seller. I strongly recommend a visit to Pomodoro's in Catskill and order yourself the stuffed breadsticks. 

 Pomodoro's Italian Restaurant
90 Catskill Commons
Catskill, NY 12414
518-943-4446

No comments:

Post a Comment