Friday, April 26, 2013

Up The Hill to Japanica Grill

Japanica Grill recently opened in Troy, I decided to check it out after hearing about it from a buddy of mine who is an avid sushi eater. I did a little research and saw some pretty positive reviews on Yelp. Overall this was a case of curiosity, it's new, it's fresh and others are liking it so I had to check it out for myself.

Last night I traveled up the hill towards RPI in Troy. it was a very quiet scene and there wasn't too much action inside. This is something to consider, they have a great sushi bar, but you're not going to see any hibachi grill action. The great thing about this place though is that it has a very large menu so you can go multiple times and always try something new.

I'm not the most versatile in japanese food however, so what sounds good? The flying dragon and the chicken katsu is what you see in the photo. If you look on the left side you will see my fork there...(yes I had to be that guy and ask for a fork). They don't give you a fork to start with, and I understand that it's not the traditional way it's done so I tried my best, but the chopsticks just were not going to happen.

The sushi was great and the chicken itself had a lot of its own flavor. If you do plan on trying it out, learn to use the chopsticks though, don't be that guy.


1 comment:

  1. I read the review by the RPI editor and tend to agree with his assessment of the place, GREASY/OILY, seemed to be the common denominator of both his and my review.

    ReplyDelete