Monday, August 6, 2012

Nothing Better than Football and Beef




Friday was one of my best days of my life. I was fortunate to meet one of the best quarter backs in the NFL, Eli Manning. I spent my Friday afternoon enjoying the sun and some championship football training camp at SUNY Albany.

The afternoon was complimented by night out and about Albany. I initially wanted some Doritos Tacos but I found my way to the Center Square Pub. This is where the inspiration for my next blog.

Center Square Pub is located at the corner of Dove and State in Albany. I haven't been to this pub yet and I thought there is no better time than now.

I usually don't ask the waitress for any recommendations but on Friday night I decided to let the waitress decide what I will have for dinner. I asked the best best sandwich Center Square Pub has in their menu. She suggested the "Lancaster". I agreed to the sandwich before I realized what was on it.

The Lancaster is named for Lancaster street two blocks away from Center Square. The sandwich was filled with roasted beef with onions, peppers, mushrooms and a choice if cheese. Obviously, i went with the habanero cheese melted on top. It adds a nice bite to the sandwich. The roast beef was cooked perfectly as the beef just pulled apart and melted with each bite. This sandwich is a variation to the classic Philly cheese steak. The order came with a side of fries (so many options). They had regular, sweet potato, onion rings, curly fries, crinkle cut and my favorite, the waffle fries.  
After dinner I walked down Lancaster, full of beautiful brownstone apartments. I will definitely be coming back to CSP, as the pub regulars abbreviate Center Square Pub. I hear their chicken wings are some of the best in the city. Only one way to find out, a Albany chicken wing contest for the city's best chicken wing crown.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment