Friday, November 2, 2012

Nothing Like Cranberry-Orange Mayo In The Fall

-->
I’ve been to The Illium Café, on Broadway in Troy, many of times. I enjoy trying their number of different dishes, but I have found myself getting the same thing lately --- The Smoke House Panini (Smoked turkey, applewood smoked bacon, smoked mozzarella, lettuce, tomato, and onion with a cranberry-orange mayo on Italian grilled bread). Why? Because of the cranberry-orange mayo of course!!!

Ninety-nine percent of the time I’m on the go, so there’s no use dissecting the dining-in experience – it looks comfy. The menu speaks for itself, covering the gamut of different tastes.

Sure, I’ve had a turkey club before. Bob’s Diner in Watervliet has one heck of a mean turkey club. Bob’s mayo is outstanding. Hell, any type of real mayo is outstanding. Throw some cranberry-orange in the mix and the structure, substance and core of that Paninis’ being changes for the good of mankind…and an Average Joe. The real bacon gets honorary mention here, because --- well its REAL bacon…no microwave rubber or fake bits.

Illium Café thank you for making my turkey club, I mean Smoke House Panini, truly special. Cranberry-Orange mayo also has that sound of fall. Apple picking, leaf peeping and a Smoke House Panini (my fall traditions).

No comments:

Post a Comment