Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Park Pub: Thanksgiving in chowder form? Yes please.

I don’t stroll into a pub expecting monogrammed plates, I just want good food that hits the spot. The menu might not be the biggest in town and the fare might be pretty standard, but sometimes I’m just in the mood for some pub food and a few beers to wash it down with. For days like that, check out Park Pub, in Frear Park in Troy.  We stopped by this weekend and got Thanksgiving Chowder. No photo this time, Average Joe tries to be sly on taking pictures in restaurant because of the "vast right-wing conspiracy" to uncover his true identity.  Now that Bin Laden is fish food, it's freeing up special-ops which gets me nervous.  So, anywho the photo I took of the Thanksgiving Chowder didn't come out because my fat finger was in the way.  Let me say this, Thanksgiving in chowder form, why did we think of this before?  I blame the education system.  You have to try this, it's Thanksgiving dinner = chowder.  How many times can I say Thanksgiving and chowder?  Looks like four, do me a favor go to the Park Pub and try the Thanksgiving Chowder (5), it's thanksgiving meets chowder without the annoying in-laws.  (Six now).

The great thing about pub food is, it's quick, easy, tasty, and goes good with booze.  Check out the one good photo I was able to take of the nachos and, have I mentioned Thanksgiving Chowder in the last 37 words?  Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment