Friday, October 12, 2012

Exciting Travels and Hidden Treasures

Did you ever wake up in the morning and know your day was going to be a great day? Okay, maybe you haven't. This morning, I knew I was going to have a great day, filled with fun and excitement. After months of planning, my friends and I designated today for our regional treasure hunt.

We each had a list of 25 items and had to find photographic proof of each item before 2:00 p.m. Some of these items included, taking a picture with a stranger, taking a picture with a police officer and find something old. 

By the end of the day, my team lost. I don't want to tell you how bad it was, but let me say that it wasn't not a close margin. Therefore, the winning team was awarded by picking their place to eat lunch. The winning team of DeAngelo, Spencer and Andre picked The Notty Pine.

The Notty Pine is on 15th Street in Troy. I was in favor of the selection because I came here once before and had "The Mayflower". Today's lunch was more traditional as we ordered a couple pizzas.


The pizza was delicious. I am definitely a fan of the square pizza over the traditional round pizza. The crust was the perfect mix of crunchy, flaky and full or flavor. The tomato sauce is always a make-or-break to me. This time, it was a make. The sauce, full of flavor, a hint of garlic, basil, and italian seasoning, a nice selection of spices. Toppings? I wouldn't be able to write this blog if I didn't get the meat lovers pizza. The meat lovers pizza, no matter where you go is always the pizza of choice. Pepperoni, sausage and meatball all on the same pizza. Nobody can complain about this selection. I will definitely be back again for lunch.

Our pizza's were amazing and to go along with the appetizer's (chicken nachos and fried chips), it was a perfect end to the self-promoted "Capital Region Amazing Race". Next time, I will have to draft a new team for our 2nd Annual Treasure Hunt Day. Leave a comment and I will add you to the draft pool for our next Hunt in Spring 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment