Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Good News for BBQ Fans


Winter has never been my favorite time of year. What can I say - I don’t look forward to throwing my back out shoveling or slipping on the ice and falling on my face. But, it isn’t just the weather that gets to me, it’s also the disappearance of seasonal restaurants. One of my favorite BBQ places, PJ's Bar-B-Q, shutters their doors every time Old Man Winter comes around so I usually count down the days until the Saratoga Springs restaurant reopens but I’m happy to say that’s about to change.

Some say it’s smart business sense but I prefer to think that my prayers were finally answered. It won’t be long now until we can finally enjoy PJ’s Bar-B-Q the whole year round. Construction will begin in October to make PJ’s restaurant more suitable for year-round dining. The restaurant will reopen in 2012 as Bar-B-QSA Restaurant complete with a new slogan “A taste tour of the American barbecue” and an expanded menu featuring Texas-style brisket and North Carolina-style pulled pork in addition to the Kansas City and Memphis-style products they serve now.

Oh and don’t worry, PJ’s will keep the picnic tables and traditions you’re used to such as bike nights and classic car nights during the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment