Friday, June 24, 2011

The Taproom (Brown's Brewing Co.)

First off let me just clear the air - I have a confession to make. Even though you can't see it in these pictures, I made a questionable beverage decision when I went to The Taproom. I ordered a Bud Light. I'm a little fuzzy on whether or not I lived under power lines growing up so I'll blame the paint chips I ate as a kid for forgetting to order one of their signature award winning beers. It must run in the family, I have a relative that insists on ordering spaghetti everywhere. Even Chinese buffets.

So good I ate half of them before I remembered 

to take the picture.

Breaded, fried, crispy and delicious - small wonder these wings are consistently chosen as the best wings in Troy by RPI's Wing Fest.  All of their sauces are good but I recommend Carrie's Sassy BBQ - it's a good change of pace for a wing sauce especially if you're looking for a break from Buffalo sauce. It's sweet but not too sweet. The sauce was so good I ended up dipping my fries in it. Anyway, you get plenty of wings to share. One thing stood out to me - the wings were huge. I don't know what they were feeding these chickens but, by the looks of them, they could bench press me. Hopefully they didn't grow up in Chernobyl Farms. All kidding aside, they were some of the best wings I've had in a while so I can't fault RPI for choosing them.


The Southwest chicken wrap I had was good but it wasn't something I'd order again. It was lacking some "oomph" and didn't have the kick I expected after reading the description on the menu. They were pretty light on the jalapenos too - it was not as memorable as the wings. If you go, I'd suggest the jambalaya as your entree - I've had it before and it was very good. It definitely gets my seal of approval. Their beer pretzel appetizer - two large soft salted pretzels - are also worth a try, but only after you had the wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment