Monday, March 28, 2011

New World Bistro - Jerked Chicken & Waffles‏

I mentioned previously that there are few meals I enjoy more than a weekend brunch. I am so busy during the week that it is sometimes hard to relax and enjoy a nice meal. That's why weekend mornings are a perfect mealtime. This weekend I tried New World Bistro on Delaware Avenue in Albany.

I credit two dining experiences with making me a lover of well seasoned chicken: one was when a co-worker during my days in New York City brought in chicken from Sylvia's in Harlem, and the other was when I went to the now famous Scotchies in Jamaica. While I use Sylvia's rub on my grilled chicken, there is simply no recreating the trip to Scotchies with their homemade sauces meant to either douse or enable the spice, but I'm sure the bucket of Red Stripes and Caribbean locale enhanced my experience there. I doubt many would even stop at such a roadside joint if it existed here in the Capital Region.

Given this history with spicy chicken, imagine my excitement yesterday when I went to New World Bistro for brunch and saw that they had "Jerked Chicken & Waffles." Two perfectly poached eggs over homemade waffles sprinkled with chives and diced pineapples with a plate of really spicy jerked chicken underneath. This brunch meal was really great and is already booked for a "must go back and get it again."

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, melty eggs on waffles. I've gotta get over there. One of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many places, so little time, right Jane?

    ReplyDelete