Tuesday, April 5, 2011

There’s no Subs-Ta-Toot for these subs

My mother once told me that I ate so much eggplant that I would eventually turn into one. Quite a few years have gone by since then and I still see a human being smiling back at me every time I look in the mirror. So, it’s safe to say that I’m not a vegetable or an alien, at least not yet. Anyway, as I am sure you can tell by both my reviews and my feature on Italian import shops, I love Italian food. That doesn’t just go for the traditional meals, I also like Italian cold cuts and cheeses, basically whatever I can get my hands on. So, it was only a matter of time until I acted on a tip I had about Subs-Ta-Toot in Cohoes.

Subs-Ta-Toot has been around for a while. I’ve driven past it and now I know why it has had such staying power. Forget about all of the ad campaigns you’ve seen for sub restaurants for a second. Not only does Subs-Ta-Toot have $4.79 footlongs, (take that Subway!) they really know how to pile on the meat so you’re going to have a serious sandwich on your hands. All of the cold cuts are fresh and high quality. I know some of you out there love Royal Crown cola so you’ll be pretty pleased to know they serve it here.

I was starving when I walked in there so I ordered an Italian mixed sub and a chicken parm sub to go. The sandwiches are big so I had one for dinner and one for lunch the next day. The chicken parm was my favorite out of the two subs but everything hit the spot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment